My android phone keeps restarting

Some days ago my android phone kept restarting, and heating up.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100,
kernel: XWLP7
OS: ICS 4.0.3

Ok, I said, probably the latest apps that I've installed on it have to do something with this, I tried to uninstall them, but no luck. Then I thought I have a virus, but how can I scan my phone if it keeps restarting.
As a last resort I tried to move my apps from my SD memory card to the phones internal memory, guess what ? the restarting stopped and the heat up too.

After some google-ing I've found this: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=25563.
They say that this is a bug in ANDROID OS 2.3.5 (and higher), and happens if you have too many apps transferred to your SD card.
Huge bug my ass, this is lame. How come that it was not fixed in the further updates? This is not a small bug that happens once a year, this can be recreated over 1000 times, with the same result. It's a shame.

So, if you have the same issue as me, just try out my solution, and tell me if it worked for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sanitizer provider is not configured in the web.config file. Ajax Control Toolkit and HtmlEditorExtender problems.

DataTable to TreeView in C#, Displaying Hierarchies

'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 50: ordinal not in range(128)